Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sick. Sicker. The sickest I've been for a while. Is it allergies? Inbalanced hormones? CFS on the run? A little bit of flu? YES! It's the jackpot! I win the prize. Whatever it might be, I'm pretty sure it certainly IS.


Coughing, coughing, and all the weakness, dizziness, upset stomach, and any other of my CFS symptoms in their finest form.


Okay, so last week I was feeling sorry for myself and sad about being sick for so many years and telling myself how there are so many people who are worse off than me. Reminding myself to count my blessings. And then, a grand dose of perspective. Sicker than a big dog. Only to remind me AGAIN that I have to be oh, so grateful when I'm feeling half alive.


Half alive is apparently a good thing. I need to remember that. Because dead to the world is much less fun.


P.S. I can't believe there are women mourning the loss of their period and dreading a life of menopause. Honestly, perimenopause is the worst! Estrogen bouncing all over the place, or not bouncing because it's gone. Give me a break! I look forward to the end of all of this estrogen-progesterone battle. Seriously. Then again...there is always perspective lurking around just waiting to teach me something new. And, to that I say, "Hormones schmormones."


carry on!

katy

No comments: