Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Technology - love/hate relationship

Dang it!

I'm trying to figure out how to attach a file to my blog. A word document, to be specific. I just sent a message to my nephew who always has all kinds of stuff attached to his blog. All I can find out for myself is going to a free site that will upload and embed it for me. I don't want my file floating around in virtual upload-land.

Jakers-crakers. It's not fair that a generation is now growing up with all of this technology at their fingertips and I am struggling to learn it in my old age. Okay, relatively mid-old age.

Just give me the easy to follow step-by-step instructions with clear, recognizable buttons to push. Don't make fun of me. Don't make it sound simple when it's not. Don't virtually turn away in computer savvy disgust.

I love what computers can do for us. I hate that I cannot always figure out how to do what I want to do.

Help me, Rhonda. Help, help me Rhonda. (If you are old enough to start singing this song, then you most likely did not grow up with a personal computer.)


carry on.

No comments: